About the Instructor
Steve Wilson is a groundwater hydrologist and 30-year veteran of the Illinois State Water Survey. Most of his research has been related to groundwater quantity and quality issues in the sand and gravel aquifers of Illinois. He authored the course curriculum in collaboration with the Rural Community Assistance Partnership and with funding from the U. S. EPA.
This course will help owners and operators of non-community public water systems with a groundwater well better understand how to properly care for their water supply. By understanding the basic science of water wells and following best practices to maintain and protect water supplies, well owners will obtain the knowledge needed to extend the life of the well and help ensure the water remains safe to drink.
- Understanding Your Situation
- What is a Bedrock Well?
- Video Transcript: What is a Bedrock Well?
- What is a Sand and Gravel Well?
- Video Transcript: What is a Sand and Gravel Well?
- What is a Dug and Bored Well?
- Video Transcript: What is a Dug and Bored Well?
- Common Points of Vulnerability
- Chapter Quiz